- 2 sheets pie dough, homemade or store-bought
- 1 pound whole milk ricotta cheese
- 6 eggs
- 8 oz. Genoa salami or smoked ham, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 8 oz. sopressata or browned sausage, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 4 oz. spicy salami or pepperoni, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 pound fresh cheese (queso fresco/cacique, formaggio, etc.), broken into pieces
- 8 oz. prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a springform baking dish with non-stick spray.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together ricotta cheese and 6 eggs until fully combined.
Mix in cubed Genoa salami, sopressata and spicy salami, then mix in cubed mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Stir in black pepper, then gently work in fresh cheese.
Roll out 2/3 pie dough, making sure it covers bottom and sides of springform baking dish, leaving a 2-inch overhang. Gently press pie dough into pan.
Lay 4 oz. sliced prosciutto on top of pie dough, forming an even layer, then top with ricotta meat filling.
Top with layer of remaining sliced prosciutto.
Roll out remaining 1/3 pie dough and place on top of pie, trimming excess.
Crimp edges together forming a tight seal, then use a paring knife to make 4 slits as vents to let steam escape.
Whisk together egg yolk and water in a small bowl and brush over crust.
Place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet, then place in oven and bake for 1 hour, then cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 150º F.
Remove from oven and let cool completely before slicing and serving.