Nutty Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (Can roll with rolling pin or use food processor until finely ground)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (Could use quick-cooking oats)
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts or nuts of your choice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine or 8 tablespoons, melted
- Combine all ingredients and press into a sprayed 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Cream Cheese Filling (This is like the cherry cream cheese pie filling we have all made before)
- 1 (8 ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Not evaporated milk)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine ingredients and mix on high for 3 or 4 minutes. Pour over cooled crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
Fresh Blueberry Topping
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (you could use frozen)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine all topping ingredients except lemon juice and bring to boil on top of the stove stirring constantly so as not to burn.
- Cook for 2 minutes to thicken. Remove from stove, stir in lemon juice and let cool.
- Pour over cheesecake after it has been refrigerated for 3 hours.
- Keep this cheesecake refrigerated.
Makes about 10 to 12 servings. Enjoy!
Note: You could use any fresh fruit with this recipe such as strawberries or blackberries.