1 Cup Flaked Coconut
1 Cup chopped Pecans
1 Box German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
½ cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
lightly grease the bottom and sides of the one 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
2. Layer coconut and pecans in the bottom of pan.
3.Prepare cake mix according to package instructions and pour over pecan and coconut.
4. combine cream cheese, butter or margarine, vanilla and confectioner’s sugar and beat until smooth.
pour over cake mix
5. bake at 350 degrees for 40 mon or more – check it to make sure the bottom part is cooked with the toothpick test – so the toothpick does not have gooey cake on it from the bottom
6. sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on the top to the hot cake after removing it from the oven