- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking wild rice
- 1 (12 ounce) package McCormick Simply Better Turkey Gravy
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 cups turkey, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large stock pot over medium high heat, add olive oil, mushrooms, carrots, celery and onion. Cook about 5 minutes until tender. Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add in the wild rice and reduce to a simmer and cook the rice until tender.
- Add the turkey gravy, half and half, and turkey and cook until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.