- 5 cups cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Mix the cherries, sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan, and bring the mix to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes until the filling thickens.
- Pour the filling into an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to a bowl, and mix well. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter, forming pea-sized chunks.
- Mix the milk and vinegar together in a separate container. Pour the milk mix into the flour mix, and stir to blend.
- Drop the combined milk and flour mix in approximately 9 large spoonfuls so that it is evenly distributed over the cherry mix in the baking dish.
- Bake the cobbler for 25 to 30 minutes in an oven preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the cobbler from the oven. Serve hot and enjoy!