- 3-4 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups instant white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10.5oz ) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of broccoli soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup saltine or butter crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9×13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Sauté diced onion in olive oil over medium-high heat until softened.
- Slowly add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in rice, cover, and turn off the heat, 5 minutes.
- Blanche broccoli florets for 1 minute, then place in ice water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, cream of broccoli soup, milk, sour cream, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir in the cooked rice.
- Stir in turkey, broccoli florets, and 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese. Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Combine crushed crackers, butter, and remaining shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle topping over top of the casserole.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes until crackers are a toasty-golden color. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- Cool briefly before serving.